College Students Applying for Naturalization

It is not unusual for college students to study away from home in another state in the U.S. When these students become eligible to apply for naturalization, they may wonder where they should submit their N-400 application for naturalization - their home state where their family lives or the state where they study.  The USCIS recently issued instructions confirming that students in this situation may choose either option if they are 18 or older and if they are unmarried and still financially dependent on their parents. 


  • Phone Consultations
  • Weekend/Evening Appointments
  • Out of State Services
  • VISA/MC/AE Accepted

We serve clients from all countries and walks of life from investors, professionals, skilled labourers, and people wishing to join their family members in the USA.

Contact Us


Paul Szeto LLC.
190 State Route 27
No. Edison, NJ 08820 USA

Languages: English, Cantonese, Mandarin



Admissions & Associations

Bar Admissions:
  • New York State Bar
  • U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
  • U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
  • New Jersey State Bar
  • Middlesex County Bar Association
  • California Bar (inactive)
  • New York State Bar Association
  • American Immigration Lawyers Association
  • New Jersey State Bar Association
  • Middlesex County Bar Association
  • California Bar Association
Go to top